If you made the croutons from last post (to use up your basic bread) but didn't use it all up, there's still another chance to eat it.
How, you might ask? Simply crush 'em up for a quick-and-easy mac and cheese topping.
This stuff is so creamy and delicious!
- 2 cups cooked, pureed butternut squash
- 12 ounces veggie noodles, cooked al dente*
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 8 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup panko or bread crumbs (again, crush up those croutons!)
- After all the ingredients prep has been done (see the ingredients list above), saute the onion with two tablespoons of the butter.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of butter, carefully whisk in the flour and cook until the flour taste is gone.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir in the milk and the squash. If you want, puree this mixture. Heat through.
- Add the cheese and cook until melted. Stir in the noodles.
- Pour into a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- For the topping, quickly saute your panko or bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the mac and cheese.
- Bake until browned and bubbling, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Post a Comment