Delicious, chocolate cookies!
As I am writing this, I have a fresh batch of succulent no-bake cookies waiting for me on my counter top. I'll admit, I want to take a spoon straight to the pan.
But, I will not. I will be kind and generous and share with my family.
If you want to have a delicious batch of chocolate no-bake cookies sitting on your counter top, I have a recipe that you just might love:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Measuring cups
- Sauce pan (3 quart)
- Wooden stirring spoon
- Cookie sheet (or a 9" x 9" pan)
- Plastic wrap
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Line the pan with plastic wrap.
- Add the peanut butter, plain ol' butter, and honey to the sauce pan, over low heat. Once the peanut butter is creamy smooth and butter is melted, turn off the heat.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and then take a big whiff of the chocolaty goodness.
- Add the quick oats and vanilla.
- Using the wooden spoon, drop batter into small servings (or, for a more technical term, blobs) on the cookie sheet. Or, if you are messy and clumsy like I am, you can just pour the whole batch into a pan.
- Lick the spoon.
- Let the batter sit until it is firm. I know this is hard, but you can do it!
- Enjoy! (Remember to share.)
Warning: don't give honey to kids under 1 year of age. I know that you might be imagining their cute little faces looking up at you as their little begging eyes seem to say "Pweeeeeese? Just a wittle honey?" But don't give in! NEVER! Unless they are over one year of age. Then it's ok.
Recipe adapted from The Frugal Farm Wife.
Thanks for reading,
I Love the look and texture of the no-bake cookies. Next time I have my Grandchildren over we will make these. Thank you for the Blog... I love this!ReplyDelete
Young At Heart Grandma,
This is the best blog I've ever seen (well, maybe it is the only blog I have ever seen). I have a question-where did the name of this blog come form? Is there any history to where the name came from? It is so clever!ReplyDelete
Much older at heart,
Grandmas do what Grandmas do. I woke up at 11am and remembered these chocolate cookies my Granddaughter had left for me in my refrigerator. Yep, I got up, grabbed a spoon and treated myself to a generous bite. Yes, I did!ReplyDelete
I want to be a water proof lady too! A little late for being the girl. It really sounds wonderful and I am ready to try it. Thank you so much for the funny tale of the fish as well as the lotion. I'll be checking back often.ReplyDelete