Delicious bread doesn't have to be fancy.
- 1 1/3 cup warm milk
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. (1 package) active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the sugar, 2 tablespoons of salt, and yeast with the warm milk in a small bowl. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the flour and butter with an electric mixer. Add the yeast mixture and beat until a smooth ball forms, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn the dough into the prepared, greased bowl. Cover and let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Grease a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Split the dough into four equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and set each on the prepared cookie sheet. Cover for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg and pinch of salt together.
- Shape each ball into a loaf and make about 10 slashes on top with scissors or a sharp knife. Brush the top of each with the egg mixture. Cover again for 1 hour.
- When the hour is almost up, preheat oven to 350.
- Brush each loaf with the egg mixture as before. Bake until cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Croutons! My mommy just loooves them!! though I don't really like 'em that much...but.. I'll occasionally pop some in, just to make her happy!!ReplyDelete