- 6 - 7 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together the apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Let sit for awhile, until juices form. Sample a few pieces. Mmm...
- Pour the apples into a 9-by-9-inch pan.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, sugar and cinnamon. Add the flour.
- Sprinkle the topping over to the top of the apples.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the apples are soft.