For some reason, I thought I'd already posted a recipe for banana bars. But when I looked on my blog, it wasn't there.
Sure, there were lots of banana-related things (like Dragon Tails, Banana Bread, and even a mention of banana bars). But no actual banana bars!
So, here's the recipe I already thought I posted. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (4 medium) mashed bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Cream cheese frosting (I like this one!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease an 11-by-17-inch pan.
- Combine the sugar, sour cream, eggs and butter. Mix on low for one minute.
- Add vanilla and bananas and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix for one minute longer.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- After the bars are cool, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top.*
*Note: For the best result, make the banana bars one day ahead and frost them after 24 hours. But who wants to wait that long?