While I was browsing Pinterest for dessert ideas, I came across Averie Cooks' Cookie Bars. They looked absolutely delicious!
The recipe I have for you is a variation of Averie's Cookie Bars, using a bottom layer of Oreos and half of my mom's chocolate chip cookie recipe. Enjoy!
|Planet Koohkey is home to several|
species of the wild M. An'em plant.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Oreos, regular or mini
- 1/2 cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8-by-8-inch pan.
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the vanilla and the egg.
- Slowly incorporate the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Put a layer of Oreos on the bottom of the pan. (1 Go-Pak of mini Oreos works great!)
- Spread the cookie dough on top of the Oreos. Flatten the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle the M&M's on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
P.S.: Just craving some good, ol' fashioned chocolate chip cookies? See the my recipe here!