Welcome to the forty-fourth post in my year-long Cookie Series, where I want to bring you a new and delicious cookie recipe every Tuesday of 2015!
For Classic Cookies Month, I wanted to post a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. I've never met a cookie more classic than Chocolate Chip.
They're simple, easy and very basic. And yet, somehow, they're still amazing.
I've eaten a lot of cookies this year, and yet Chocolate Chip Cookies remain one of my favorites.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the butter and the sugars.
- Add the vanilla.
- Blend in the eggs one at a time
- Slowly mix in the flour, salt and soda.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 9 - 11 minutes.