Last Sunday marked Cast Iron Stew's 2nd anniversary!
It's hard to believe that I've been a blogger for so long! When I started this blog in 2014, I had no idea how much joy and support I would get. Thanks to all of my loyal readers who keep coming back back each and every Tuesday!
This week's very special recipe is a twist on one of my favorite desserts: Puppy Chow. Enjoy!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 box of chocolate Chex cereal
- Powdered sugar
- Melt the chocolate chips, butter, peanut butter, Nutella and shortening in the microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Put the chocolate Chex in a large bowl and pour the melted ingredients over the top.
- Carefully stir the Chex and melted chocolate mixture until each piece is thoroughly coated.
- Put about a quarter of the Chex in a plastic baggy with (about 1 1/2 cups) powdered sugar. Zip the plastic baggy closed. Toss the Chex inside the bag until each piece is covered with powdered sugar.
- Move the coated Chex from the baggy to a container.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all of the Chex are coated with powdered sugar.