- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 4 large yellow onions, chopped
- Tabasco, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch garlic, minced
- 3 large (29 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 small (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Chili powder, to taste (about 4 Tbsp. works well)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 pounds round steak, cubed
- Olive oil, enough for browning steak
- Crisp the bacon.
- Add the onions, Tabasco, black pepper, and garlic to the pan with the bacon. Cook down all the way, until the onions are past transparent.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and beans.
- Season the steak with white pepper and salt. In a separate pan, saute in olive oil. Put the steak (with its juices) into the chili. Cook for at least an hour (longer is better, though!)
Wow! This looks familiar, and on my birthday! Awesome Katie! Any grandfather would be proud to eat this! Love it!ReplyDelete