- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 4 large yellow onions, chopped
- Tabasco, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch garlic, minced
- 3 large (29 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 small (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Chili powder, to taste (about 4 Tbsp. works well)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 pounds round steak, cubed
- Olive oil, enough for browning steak
- Crisp the bacon.
- Add the onions, Tabasco, black pepper, and garlic to the pan with the bacon. Cook down all the way, until the onions are past transparent.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and beans.
- Season the steak with white pepper and salt. In a separate pan, saute in olive oil. Put the steak (with its juices) into the chili. Cook for at least an hour (longer is better, though!)