These things are delicious, especially when it's donut season.
(And it's always donut season.)
APPLE CIDER DONUTS
|One of the prettiest donuts :)|
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- Approx. 4 cups vegetable oil
- Flour for dusting
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle flour over the top.
- Put the cinnamon sticks and apple cider in a large pan and bring to boil. Continue boiling for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until it's approximately 1/3 cup and thick.
- Pour into a bowl and whisk in the apple butter, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, 3 1/2 cups flour and the teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Beat together the butter and sugars in an electric mixer.
- Individually, add the eggs and beat in well.
- Slowly incorporate half of the whisked flour mixture. Stir in half of the apple cider/cinnamon mixture. Repeat.h
- Turn the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. With floured hands, press the dough until it's approx. 3/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the dough with more flour. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours, or overnight.
- When it's time to fry the dough, fill the pan with oil until it comes up to 3 inches. Put a thermometer inside.
- In a bowl, stir the rest of the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Cut the dough into 3 1/4 inch circles, and then cut 1 1/4 holes out of the centers.
- Re-roll the leftover dough and cut out more donuts, until there's about 18 of each in total.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Place a cooling rack on top.
- When the oil is 350, fry the donuts (about 3 minutes each side) and donut holes (about 2 minutes each side).
- After each donut is cooked, take it out of the oil and set on a cooling rack. After some of the excess oil has dripped of, toss them well in the prepared cinnamon sugar. Yum!
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.
Delicious, Apple cider donut!! what a unique combination but as far as this recipe concerns i absolutely loved it.I am surely gonna try this at home I just wanna eat this donut !!ReplyDelete