The name of this dessert is really interesting. Why in the world are they called "scotcheroos"?
It also sounds like a knock-off Winnie the Pooh character.
"What's Scotcheroo, Ma?"
"He's friends with Winnie the Mooh and Christopher Blue Jay."
"Oh, right. I forgot."
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with tin foil and grease.
- Place the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and light corn syrup in a pan. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Pour the butter/Rice Krispies mixture into the prepare pan and smooth it.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch in separate bowls.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Rice Krispies, and then pour the butterscotch on them as well.
- Swirl the chocolate and butterscotch with a spatula.
- Allow the scotcheroos to cool.
- Pull it out of the pan with the tin foil, and then peel the tin foil off the scotcheroos. Cut into squares.