I left a tab up on my computer for days with this post, waiting for the right words. I had the lovely pictures and the amazing recipe ready to go, but not an introduction.
I really wanted an introduction that was funny and described how wonderfully amazing these cupcakes are. But guess what? My time ran out. I realized that today is Tuesday (a.k.a. blog post day) and I never wrote an intro. Whoops!
So, even though I still don't have poetic words about these delicious cupcakes, I'm writing the intro anyway.
Story aside, these cupcakes are truly wonderful and delicious. If you love cupcakes and pumpkin pie spice, then these may become your favorite dessert of all time.
PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add an egg, beat the mixture, add another egg and beat the mixture again, add final egg and beat until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the pumpkin.
- Put in the flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and ginger together in a bowl.
- Alternate between the dry ingredients and the buttermilk, making sure to beat the mixture well each time.
- Fill muffin cups about three quarts of the way with the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, cream the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat the powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes after they're cool.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Post a Comment