I love my mom's potato soup! It's creamy, chunky and delicious all at the same time!
Even though she didn't have much of a recipe, I managed to write one with her help. Enjoy!
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken
- 3 (14.5. ounce) cans chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 cups potatoes, chopped (peel if desired)
- 1 onion
- 2 or 3 ham hocks
- 1/2 pound cooked smoked bacon, optional
- 1 can corn
- Pepper, to taste
- In a crock pot, mix the cream of chicken, broth, cream cheese, potato pieces, onion and ham hocks.
- Cook for about 8 hours.
- Take out the ham hocks. After the ham hocks are cooled, pull off the meat.
- To thicken the soup, use a blender or smash the potatoes with the back of a spoon. To use a blender, put part of the soup in a blender, blend until smooth, and add the blended soup back into the crock pot.
- After the soup is thickened, put the ham back into the soup. Add the bacon, corn and pepper to taste. Let the corn warm through.