- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 package vanilla flavored coating (almond bark)
- 1 Tbsp. and 1 tsp. vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cream the cream cheese in a mixer until smooth. Add the Oreos. (You can leave a few Oreo pieces if you want.)
- Scoop it out onto a foil-lined cookie sheet using a small cookie scoop.
- Cool in a fridge until stiff and hardened.
- Pull the bonbons out of the fridge and roll each one into a smooth ball.
- Place the bonbons into a freezer or back into the fridge.
- Heat the coating and 1 tablespoon of the vegetable shortening in a double boiler until smooth.
- Pull the bonbons out of the fridge or freezer. Dip each bonbon in the coating and place them on a new, foil-lined cookie sheet.
- If you want to add toppings, quickly sprinkle them on before the coating hardens.
- In a microwave-safe container, melt the remaining 1 teaspoon of the vegetable shortening and the chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate for one minute, stir, and repeat until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the bonbons.
- Store them in a fridge.