|Brownies with Easter sprinkles|
Eventually, I did find a good-looking recipe, but the brownies didn't turn out just like the store-bought kind.
But the brownies weren't a total failure. In fact, they tasted delicious!
So, if you're looking for an exact, homemade replica of Cosmic brownies, this recipe isn't for you. But, if you just want to make a batch of delicious brownies, then you might've found your match!
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9 by 13 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixer, beat the butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cornstarch and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients and the milk, alternating between them.
- After the batter is mixed together, pour it into the prepared pan. Smooth the top of the batter with a spatula.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake.
- After the brownies are out of the oven, prepare the ganache. Put the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe container. Microwave for one minute, stir, microwave for another minutes, stir, etc. Continue microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Beat together for about 1 minute.
- After the brownies have cooled for awhile, pour the ganache over the top and smooth it out.
Recipe adapted from lifemadesimplebakes.com.
Post a Comment