The chicken we made was not all in tiny, little portions smaller than carrots. But I wanted to eat it, so I ended up with the picture above. I could have taken more time, but as I mentioned before, I wanted to eat it.
Do you think other food photographers struggle with the same problem?
Do they end up eating half their props if they forgot to eat lunch?
If I was a food photographer for a magazine, I would probably be in the studio taking pictures when my boss would come in and find me sipping on some sweet tea. "Our summer issue tastes amazing." I might mumble through a mouthful of hot dog.
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups bell peppers, chopped
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- BBQ sauce and soy sauce, to taste
- Split all of the ingredients between two plastic freezer bags.
- Freeze until ready to use*.
- To use, put the contents of the bag in a crock pot and allow to cook 6-8 hours on low.
*Note: This recipe can be cooked right away, frozen as mentioned, or frozen and then thawed in the fridge the night before. Really, this is hard to mess up!