Welcome to the twenty-fifth post in my year-long Cookie Series, where I want to bring you a new and delicious cookie recipe every Tuesday of 2015!
I'm usually the type of person who likes to think things through before committing to something. Even now, when I go to watch a movie, I usually look the movie up, read reviews and make sure it's really something worth watching.
One night, on June 23, 2014, I thought it would be fun to have a blog. In my journal, I wrote, "I decided today that I would like to have a blog. I think I would be so happy if I eventually started one!" I don't remember ever dreaming of running a blog before; it was a sudden and random thought, as I recall.
Within a week, I had my first two posts on my new blog!
Even though I'm normally the type of person who likes to think things through, this time was the exception. A blog seemed like a great idea, so I just went for it.
And let me tell you, it has been wonderful!
- 2 sticks (1 cups) butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the butter and the sugars.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in the flour, salt and baking soda
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Using a regular cookie scoop (NOT an ice-cream scoop), put a ball of dough on parchment paper. Set an Oreo on top. Next, put a scoop of dough on top of the Oreo. Flour your hands. Then pick up the stack of dough and flatten it with your hands. Smooth the dough around the edges of the Oreo until it forms a ball of dough with an Oreo inside. (Look above for a step-by-step picture.)
- Set them several inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.