Me have blog where me can write.
Me write what me want to write.
Me like lasagna.
Me say it be good.
It be yum yum in my tum tum.
- 1 ( 8 ounce) package no-bake lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds hamburger
- 1 pound hot breakfast sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- In a large pan, combine ground beef, sausage and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain the fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste,tomato sauce, hot water, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, all of the basil and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Mix together the cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan and the rest of the parsley and salt.
- To assemble,spread a small amount of meat sauce on bottom of pan, arrange three lasagna noodles in the bottom of a baking pan, overlapping if necessary. Spoon half the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Spread evenly. Cover cottage cheese with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Spoon a little less than half the meat/sauce mixture over the top.
- Repeat, ending with the meat/sauce mixture. Sprinkle top generously with extra Parmesan.
- Either freeze, refrigerate for up to two days or bake immediately.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350.
This recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman.