Welcome to the twenty-fourth post in my year-long Cookie Series, where I want to bring you a new and delicious cookie recipe every Tuesday of 2015!
Did you notice that the name "Heath" is one letter away from the word "health". Isn't that great.
Now, I can guess what you might be thinking right. Katie, Heath isn't healthy!
I know, I know. But at least it's close, right? I mean, where do you see the word "health" in the name "Chocolate Chip Cookies"?
Now, you don't have to agree with me, but with all of the healthy initiatives taking place in America today, we should really do our part to take all the "health" we can get, right?
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package Heath toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream shortening, peanut butter, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Beat in egg just until it's blended.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the Health toffee bits.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This recipe is from Heath.
Post a Comment