Caramel + cookie + brownies = yum!
CARAMEL COOKIE BROWNIES
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 (12 - 16 ounce) tin butter cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounce caramels
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. shortening
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9-by-13-inch pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs. Stir in the vanilla. Add the salt, cocoa powder, and flour.
- Spread the brownie batter in the lined and greased pan.
- Bake for 26 to 28 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, finely grind the cookies in a food processor. Mix in the cream cheese until smooth.
- After the brownies are cool, spread the cookie/cream cheese mixture on the brownies. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Melt the caramels and milk. Pour the caramel mixture over the cookie layer and chill in the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening and pour the mixture over the caramel layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Using a knife heated by warm water (and occasionally wiped with a towel), slice the chilled brownies into pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator.