Happy Fourth of July!
When I first heard about this salad, I wasn't sure I would like it. Strawberries in a salad? With Feta? It sounded strange, but not exactly delicious.
But then I tried it. And the salad was delicious!
Somehow, all of the flavors (yes, even the candied pecans) work together to make something tasty. Plus, it's red, white, blue, and summery! :)
Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 large strawberries
- Spinach and/or other dark greens
- Sliced strawberries
- Feta cheese
- Candied pecans (here's my Mom's amazing recipe!)
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Toss the dressing with the greens and half the strawberries.
- Top with Feta cheese, pecans, and remaining strawberries.