Guess what? This post is for puppy chow popcorn. That's right - I wrote popcorn.
When my mom and I were talking about popcorn toppings, she suggested using puppy chow ingredients on popcorn (instead of the typical Chex cereal).
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 9 cups salted popcorn
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Melt the butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Put half of the salted popcorn (4 1/2 cups) into a large bowl.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate mixture over the popcorn. Carefully stir together until each piece of popcorn is coated in chocolate.
- Put about half of the powdered sugar (1 cup) into a large plastic bag (or the same bowl).
- Carefully toss the popcorn with the powdered sugar until each piece covered thoroughly.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6.
- Store the popcorn in a plastic baggy or container.