CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKE
|Note: because the stout is simmered and later baked,|
no alcohol should be remaining in the finished cake.
- 1 cup stout
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease (or spray) a Bundt pan.
- In a pan, simmer the stout and butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth. Allow the mixture to cool for a moment.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sour cream.
- Pour the stout/chocolate into the eggs/sour cream and beat until just combined.
- Incorporate the flour mixture until just combined as well.
- Fold the batter until the batter is completely mixed together.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan and
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, make the ganache. Put the chocolate chips and cream into a double boiler, stir every so often, and heat until melted.
- After the cake is cooled, turn in over onto a cake rack and drizzle the ganache over the top.
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
Post a Comment