This chocolate syrup is easy to make and delicious.
Boom. Introduction complete.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- About 1 cup powdered sugar, optional
- Heat the maple syrup and water together over low heat and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Take the syrup off the heat and add vanilla.
- Stir in powdered sugar until it's sweet enough.
- Let the syrup cool and store in the refrigerator.
Note: if the syrup is too runny, heat again until thick.
Recipe adapted from The Prairie Homestead.
And none of the really bad preservatives they put in commercial chocolate syrup. Yea!ReplyDelete