I seem to use the word "delicious" quite a bit.
So, these noodles are wonderful and another word for delicious. Enjoy!
MACARONI AND CHEESE
- 1 pound of pasta
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried mustard
- 1 cup cream
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups Colby, shredded
- 3 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- Cook the noodles until al dente. Reserve two cups of the pasta water.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the flour, cayenne and mustard and cook until just slightly browned.
- Add the cream, milk, and broth slowly. Cook until thickened.
- Next, stir in the cheese and let it melt.
- Add the cooked noodles and stir again. If the mac and cheese is too thick, and some of all of the pasta water.
- Store any extra macaroni and cheese in the fridge. (You may want to add extra milk while rewarming if the sauce is too thick.)
Post a Comment