I'm so glad the weather is finally warming up and the trees are budding! After months of cold, aren't the pretty flowers such a welcoming sight? :)
This strawberry cake seems very happy to me, like a recipe made for celebrating spring. Enjoy!
STRAWBERRY SPRING CAKE
- Sliced strawberries (about 8)
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 6T butter, cold, cubed
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. butter, melted cooled
- 1/2 c.milk
- 1 T. vanilla
Cream cheese topping:
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. powder sugar
- 2 T milk
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- Mix together the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and cubed butter until the butter is pea sized. Put in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend the egg, 1/4 cup (melted and cooled) butter, 1/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon vanilla together. Slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of the prepared spring form pan.
- To make the topping, mix the cream cheese and sugar together.
- Carefully spread the topping over cake (almost to edge) and top with sliced strawberries.
- Pull the crumb mixture out of the fridge and spread evenly over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. (If browning too quickly cover with foil.)
- Cool until just warm, top with glaze.
Post a Comment