At an event last week, I met a nice lady. We talked about my blog and she asked about a buttercream frosting recipe.
Even though I didn't have one posted at the time, she inspired me to share one with you.
So, just in case she visits my blog (or any of you want an amazing frosting recipe), I typed it up below.
This is my mom's frosting recipe, so it's time-tested and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup solid shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. clear vanilla
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 3 - 4 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- Cream the shortening and butter.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the sugar 1 cup at a time.*
- Mix in the milk.
- Lastly, add the corn syrup.
*For chocolate frosting, add 1/2 cup cocoa powder and about 2 -3 tablespoons more milk to get desired consistency.