My mom's hot chocolate has a special place in my heart.
When I was little, my mom and I used a big, plastic tub to make a large batch of hot chocolate powder. We put the powder into glass jars and gave it out to family and friends.
Many times, after playing in the snow on a cold, winter day, I came inside and was greeted by a cup of hot cocoa.
Now I want to share it with you, my dear readers. Christmas is coming soon and the weather is chilly. When you gather together with your family this Christmas, perhaps you can try this recipe, too.
- 1 (14 quart) box nonfat dry milk
- 1 (1 pound) jar Coffee-mate
- 1 (2 pound) jar Nestle Quik drink powder
- 1 (2 pound) bag powdered sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) jar chocolate Ovaltine
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Store in glass jars.
- To make a cup of hot chocolate, warm up some water in a coffee mug and stir in 2 spoonfuls of powder.