Welcome to the forty-third post in my year-long Cookie Series, where I want to bring you a new and delicious cookie recipe every Tuesday of 2015!
No grasshoppers were harmed for the making of this recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3 - 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the butter and the sugars.
- Add the vanilla and eggs.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- To make the filling, cream the butter and shortening.
- Add the powdered sugar, peppermint extract and green food coloring to the butter/shortening mixture and stir. The filling will be stiff.
- Scoop the cookie dough and set them on Silpat lined cookie sheets (parchment paper will work, too).
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Make a slight indentation in the middle with the flat bottom of an 1/8 cup measure or something similar.
- Fill each indent with about 1 tsp. filling. Flatten the filing with your finger and smooth.
- Let the cookies cool and then put 1/2 an Andes mint on top.
Post a Comment