I like the word "stromboli"; it's so unusual.
Did you know that it's fun to say with a English accent, a Chinese accent, or even an Italian accent?
"Would you care for some stromboli?"
"I'm-a makin'-a stromboli."
- 2 (1 pound) loafs frozen bread dough
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli pepperoni
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli provolone
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Romano (or Parmesan)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Set the dough on the counter, let it thaw and rise until doubled, and then punch it down (or the follow directions on the package to thaw in refrigerator overnight).
- Roll each loaf into a 15-by-12-inch rectangle. Arrange 1/2 of meat and provolone over each rectangle. Sprinkle each with 1/2 of mozzarella, other cheese and spices.
- Starting with long side, roll up each rectangle like a jelly roll. Seal seams and ends. Place the dough, seam side down, on greased cookie sheets. Brush with yolk.
- Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes.