*singing to the tune of Frere Jacques*
I like it. I like it.
Carrots, rice and chicken. Carrots rice and chicken.
Ding, ding dong. Ding, ding dong.
*clapping, applauding and whistling from the crowd*
*standing ovation from the audience*
*flowers flying through the air and onto the stage*
CROCK POT TERIYAKI
- 4 cups baby carrots
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, un-drained
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts tenders
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- Divide all of the ingredients between two freezer bags. Seal the bags and put them in a freezer.
- When you want to use it, add 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce and cook on low in a Crock Pot for 8 hours. Serve with rice.
Recipe adapted from The Test Kitchen of Melissa Fallis.
Edited October 22, 2016.