I did my best to make these cookies look presentable. They taste good, but the bright orange and off-white batter made them look a little odd.
Speaking of bright orange, why is it that vibrant orange is most commonly found in mac and cheese powder? Orange is the color of fake cheese goods, and it could be quite confusing for the first-time Cap'n Crunch buyer.
It's "cheese" colored, but it's not cheese flavored. I decided to make Cap'n Crunch a motto, to help them with their possibly confusing cheese-colored product.
Right next the happy mustached man could be the slogan, "IT'S NOT CHEESE!"
CAP'N CRUNCH COOKIES
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups
- 1/8 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups Cap'n Crunch
- 1/8 cup pecans, chopped
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly incorporate the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, oats, Cap'n Crunch and pecans.
- Using a 3 ounce cookie scoop, place the dough on greased (or parchment lined) cookie sheets.
- Flatten the dough balls with a plate or other flat object.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take out of the freezer and bake for about 20 minutes.
I still like the name O Captain! My Captain Crunch Cookies :) These are very yummy!ReplyDelete