Welcome to the fourteenth post in my year-long Cookie Series, where I want to bring you a new and delicious cookie recipe every Tuesday of 2015!
(queue dramatic music) These past few months have been hard. I've had to write about cookies.
I've written 13 post already, but I have many posts in the future. Times are hard, but I just have to put my best face forward and continue with a positive attitude.
My dear supporters, thank you for being here through all of this. Thank you for looking at the cookie pictures, even though it may be incredibly hard for you.
This month is different than the other month, for it is Chocolate Cookies Month.
I have to eat chocolate cookies. Woe is me!
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COOKIES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. maraschino cherry juice (from a jar of cherries)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained (reserve 2 Tbsp.) and chopped
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the vanilla, egg and cherry juice.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and cherries.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate it for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set (but still soft).
This recipe is adapted from Yesterfood.
Post a Comment