Welcome to the seventh post in my year-long Cookie Series, where I want to bring you a new and delicious cookie recipe every Tuesday of 2015!
My mom made these cookies and said something like, "You could have these for breakfast. They've got oats, cereal and eggs in them, right? So they're practically already a meal!"
I think she's right. Why not eat cookie for breakfast? If we ate them with a tall glass of milk, it would be almost healthy, wouldn't it? I hope so.
Besides, a cookie for breakfast would make for a well-rounded meal.
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 cups crispy rise cereal (or cornflakes)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend the shortening, butter, sugars, vanilla and salt until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients until just combined.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour.