Okay, these things are delicious. Seriously delicious.
They're like crunchy chocolate cookies with a brownie taste. Mmm...
- 4 Tbsp. Meringue powder*
- 1/4 cup water*
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a 13-by-8-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Sift the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and flour into a bowl
- Whisk together the Meringue powder and water until foaming.
- Add the cream of tartar, sugar, vanilla, and vegetable oil and whisk until light and airy.
- Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spread the batter thinly onto the prepared pan and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pull the brownies out of the oven and cut into diamond/square shapes (see picture below).
- Bake for about 15 minutes longer, or until baked through.
- Allow the brownie crisps to cool.
- Break apart and store in an airtight plastic container.
*Note: the Meringue powder and water can be replaced by 2 egg whites.
|See how the crisps are cut into diamond/square shapes?|
That makes them easier to break apart later!
Post a Comment