Every year, along with a variety of other treats, my mom makes a batch of toffee and shares it with family and friends. It's a great way to welcome the season and make others feel loved with a delicious dessert.
What says "Merry Christmas!" better than butter and sugar (and nuts!) topped with chocolate?
- Chopped pecans
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Butter a cookie sheet and then sprinkle it with chopped pecans.
- In a pot, heat the butter and the sugar, stirring constantly. When the butter and sugar start to boil, continue stirring for 7 1/2 to 9 minutes.
- Drizzle the mixture over the nuts and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Cover with foil for 2 minutes.
- After the chocolate had time to melt, spread it out with an off-set spatula.
- Let it cool and then break it into pieces.