These muffins are soft and delicious, with a little bit of crunch from the streusel topping. Need I say more? :)
RHUBARB AND STRAWBERRY MUFFINS
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line 24 muffin cups.
- Mix together the vegetable oil and brown sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Slowly incorporate the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the rhubarb and strawberries.
- To make the streusel topping, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, butter, flour and chopped walnuts.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly among the muffins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Post a Comment