Not only are sugar cookies simple, classic and delicious, they have the word "sugar" in their name.
What's not to love?
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Divide the dough into 3 sections.
- Cover each section and refrigerate anywhere from an 1 hour to several days.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Flour a work surface and evenly roll out one of the sections. Cut the dough into whatever shape you want and then place each cookie on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat step 7 with the other 2 sections.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
Post a Comment