Welcome to the forty-first post in my year-long Cookie Series, where I want to bring you a new and delicious cookie recipe every Tuesday of 2015!
Are you excited? I'm about to write the introduction.
- 1 1/4 cup (about 1 sleeve) graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To make the "crust", start by stirring together the graham crackers, flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream the butter and 1/4 cup of the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg whites and mix with the butter/sugar mixture.
- Next, mix in the graham cracker/dry ingredients to the mix.
- Set the entire bowl aside.
- Get a new bowl and mix the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar until fluffy.
- Add the yolks one at a time until incorporated.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Using a (2 Tbsp.) cookie scoop, roll the "crust" into balls. Roll the balls until they are smooth. Set them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Flatten the dough. Indent the center (the bottom of a 1/8 cup measure worked well). Fill the indent with 1 tsp. of filling. Smooth out. (See below.)
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.