There's not really a need for an introduction today. I think the name is quite explanatory.
|This plate isn't dirty. Well, maybe it is, but |
the stuff on the left side is sugar.
- 3/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup and 1 -2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup white chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mix the berries with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Stir together 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl and set that aside also.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed mixture and blend.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder and salt to the batter.
- Stir in the the white chips.
- Drain the berries and reserve the juice.
- Toss the berries with 1 -2 Tbsp. flour.
- Add the berries to the batter.
- If the batter is to thick, add the reserved juice. Discard the remaining berry juice or use it as an ice-cream topping.
- Bake until cooked through.
Edited October 22, 2016.