I'm not into sport-y stuff. I guess I'm just not a sport-y type of person.
However, many, many years ago, I went to a basketball camp. I still remember how they taught me to shoot the basketball into the hoop.
As you release the ball, raise your arm up as you flick your wrist down, like you're reaching into a cookie jar.
Like you're reaching into a cookie jar? Raise your hand if you think that's the best sports analogy you've ever heard.
Go, sports team! Hurry, hit the ball with the bat and then run across the court to make a touchdown!
I'M HUNGRY COOKIES
- 1 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Slowly add the flour and baking powder.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Scoop the dough into balls and roll them in sugar. Set them on cookie sheets and flatten each one with your hand or the flat bottom of a small cup.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
Recipe adapted from RecipeSource. (You should read the story behind the name!)