After I hike up a 2,000 foot mountain, I have found that I need something to help me back down the trail. The air is thinner at the top of a mountain, and it takes more energy than one would expect. I have tirelessly searched for a good granola recipe to sustain me. I have finally found a wonderful granola recipe, and I would like to share it with you.
Just kidding! After I get out of bed and eventually make my way to the fridge, I have found that it is usually time to sit down and eat some yogurt. Granola goes well on yogurt, and it sustains me until I can sit down again and eat lunch. I have a wonderful granola recipe, and I would like to share it with you.
I like granola.
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine all of the ingredients together.
- Evenly spread between two cookie sheets and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Stir the granola and spread it thin again. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let the granola cool, and then store it in an airtight container.