I want to make remarks about sandwich bread that have never been said before.
I want to open the eyes of America and have them look at bread like they have never looked at bread before.
I want to say something that can be marked in history as "a lasting contribution to the world".
I want to write something amazing.
Here I go!
I like homemade sandwich bread. It is good. Yum.
CLASSIC WHITE SANDWICH BREAD
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted butter (1/2 a stick)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 packet active dry yeast (dissolved in 1 Tbsp. warm water) OR 2 tsp. instant yeast
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixer bowl. Using a dough hook attachment, stir the ingredients together and let the dough knead until it is smooth.
- Move the dough into a greased bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rise for 1-2 hours. The dough should be nearly doubled and puffy.
- Lift up the dough and shape it into a 8 inch log. Move the dough into a greased 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch bread pan. Loosely cover the top with greased plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rise for an hour. The dough should be domed 1 inch above the pan. If you press your finger into the dough it should slowly rebound.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes. To see if it's done, either (1) tap the bottom of the bread (if it sounds hollow, its done) or (2) insert an instant-read thermometer (if it reads 190 in the center of the bread, it's done).
- Cool the bread before slicing it. Once it's cool, keep the bread in a plastic bag at room temperature.
Adapted from a recipe by King Arthur Flour.
I like bread.
You are so funny! The bread does look quite yummy! VReplyDelete
King Arthur makes a bread whichReplyDelete
Is best used in a sandwich!